FINAL SELECTION RESULTS can be found HERE
News Literacy Summer Institute in Poznań 2017
In 2014 News Literacy has been adopted in Poland, by the Faculty of Political Science and Journalism, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan. The university now proudly hosts the European Center for News Literacy, which will organize the third News Literacy Summer Institute in Poznań between July 9th and July 14th 2017.
The Summer Institute offers the opportunity for lecturers, teachers and students who would like to apply News Literacy and its core elements to their work. The Summer Institute will teach an advanced course and provide assistance to those who want to set up their own News Literacy course at their home university or institution. Adam Mickiewicz University and Stony Brook University hold sustainable cooperation in high regard. Thus, our American partner will send a senior lecturer to the intensive course to teach the course together with the Polish team.
What can News Literacy Summer Institute in Poznań offer selected applicants?
- - full News Literacy course taught by experienced American and Polish teachers.
- - assistance in adaptation and implementation of the course at participants’ home institution
- - teaching materials
- - networking opportunities for like-minded teachers from around the region
The organizers will cover the costs of following items for all participants:
- - accommodation
- - meals during the course hours (Breakfast & Lunch)
- - teaching materials
Who is eligible?
- - The News Literacy Summer Institute is foremost directed at educators and trainers, journalists and other practitioners working in the media environment.
- - Additionally, in cooperation with the Transatlantic Mobility Office (AMU), we have an special scholarship offer for participants from Eastern Europe, the Southern Caucasus and Central Asia. These scholarships are only available for Erasmus Mundus alumni from projects coordinated by AMU, these are: TOSCA I and II, EMINENCE I and II, others Erasmus Mundus programs are not eligible.
How to apply?
In order to apply you have to fill on-line application form following the link below:
In addition you have to complete your application by sending the following documents to email@example.com:
- - curriculum vitae
- - scan of your passport (ID page with passport number)
[IMPORTANT INFORMATION] – The first call for applications will be open until 01.04.2017, unless we reach the upper limit of 240 applications before that date. In this case the organizers will close the call before this date. Information about the number of received applications will be posted on this website from time to time – (!) So not on a daily basis. Take this into consideration when planning your application.
Selection process will be divided into two stages.
After assessing applications we will invite selected candidates for a skype interview.
Material form the previous edition: